August 14, 2017
The Fabric of Change Initiative, led by Ashoka and the C&A Foundation, recently announced that Nicole Rycroft, Ashoka Fellow and Canopy’s Executive Director, is the winner of the Scaling Impact Award!
The Scaling Impact Fund aims at providing investment to Ashoka Fellows and their organization to scale their impact for transformative change in the apparel industry.
In her Fabric of Change video, Nicole says: “Champions for change are everywhere, everybody has unique contributions to make and that is part of the magic of our work together.” Collaboration has the power to advance an ethical, sustainable apparel industry, as vibrantly demonstrated by the CanopyStyle Initiative.
View Nicole’s video http://po.st/wh1Aoe
Read the Fabric of Change announcement
Read more about CanopyStyle, Canopy’s campaign aiming at eliminating ancient and endangered forest fiber from the viscose supply chain.
Awards received by Canopy
CanopyStyle: BF+DA Positive Impact Award, Leadership in Creating a Better Supply Chain, 2016
Blueline Report: Canadian Printing Awards, Gold for “Most Environmentally Progressive Printing Service”, 2015
Benny Award, Business Ethics Network, 2007
Awards received by Nicole Rycroft
- Impact Award from the Fabric of Change – Scaling Impact Fund, 2017
- Nicole Rycroft, M.S.C. Meritorious Service Cross (Civil Division) 2017
- Alan Thomas Fellowship to Promote Civil Society and Voluntary Action, 2012
- Wilburforce Foundation Conservation Leadership Award
- Environmental Innovator Award, 2008 and 2009
- Gold Medal Canadian Environment Award, 2006
- Ashoka Fellowship, since 2003