This Thanksgiving at Canopy we are thankful for many things . . .
- Finalizing the Great Bear Rainforest Agreements – a precedent setting conservation win globally
- Securing significant conservation advances in critical forests in Indonesia and Canada’s Boreal forests
- Driving the fastest growing environmental initiative in the fashion industry through CanopyStyle
- Corporate leaders who collaborate with us to transform unsustainable supply chains and protect wild places
- Our donors and funders for believing in our vision
- The opportunity to do our work on behalf of the world’s ancient and endangered forests.
This Thanksgiving we also look forward to what we will do over the next 12 months to inspire even more gratitude for 2017. In that expansive spirit, we would like to share a short video of a speech given by our executive director and founder, Nicole Rycroft, in New York last month at the First Ladies Lunch.
In her comments she called on the audience of 300 of the world’s first ladies, dignitaries, celebrities and fashion luminaries, to engage at least three decision makers in their realm of influence to take action for conservation. To activate these key influencers to promote the protection of the world’s ancient and endangered forests – whose communities, species, and climate-stabilizing power we are deeply thankful for.
We ask you to do the same.
Join the movement.
Spread the word.
Wishing you and your loved ones a fabulous Thanksgiving!